Five (5) Must See Places When You Visit Singapore
Singapore is one of the most visited country in the world attracting more than 11 million tourists in 2010. Most local guides said that Singapore has so much to offer despite its size. In fact, some would say that you can tour the entire country in a matter of just three days. This is given the relatively small geographical boundaries of the island.
So if you are planning to visit Singapore there are must see places that you should not miss to really claim that you have conquered the island. Five highly recommended sites to go to are the Merlion, Sentosa Park, Orchard Road, the Botanical Garden and Clarke Quay.
- The Merlion is the country’s symbolical representation. It is a figure of partial lion and fish towering at 8 meters high found at the heart of the Singapore River. that This is almost like New York’s Statue of Liberty or the Eiffle Tower of Paris. The Merlion is a mythical creature that depicts the qualities of the Singaporean people—courageous, strong and resilient.
- Well, they’ve said that you’ve never been to Singapore unless you’ve been to Sentosa Park. Sentosa is known as the country’s primer resort being equipped with all the right amenities and activities for friends and families to enjoy.Covering a geographical area of around 5 sq.km, the resort has wonderful attractions that includes a golf course, a musical fountain and an Orchid Garden and this is just to mention a few of its major attractions.
- Now if you are a shopping enthusiast, the long stretch of the Orchard Road is perfect for you. This busy road houses the biggest, trendiest shopping malls in the whole of Singapore. It carries the big imported brand names of Prada, Gucci and Channel among the biggest department stores and boutiques like the DFS Galleria, the Ngee Ann City and the ION Orchard.
- If you are ever in the city and you happen to need a calming and soothing environment, the 52 hectare of land that houses the most scenic area in Singapore would be the Botanical Garden. What makes this place unique is the fact that it houses a wide array of flora that graces the country.
- Last on the list of the places you must see in Singapore is the Clarke Quay. Known for its night life reputation, the Clarke Quay is notable for the restaurants, bars and disco houses that come alive at night. It is also swamped with specialty shops that sell memorabilia of your stay in Singapore.
Over all, Singapore has everything for all sorts of people. There’s something for everyone to enjoy in this country. So then ext time you decided to come and explore Singapore, don’t forget to these must-see places and you will not regret it.