Top 10 Foods for Glowing Skin
Skin is supposed to reflect your inner body workings in an outer way so skin care is of utmost importance now-a-days. With increasing Stress levels, Pollution and changed dietary habits, complexion of skin is affected. So the best way to ensure healthy and glowing skin is to follow healthy and balanced diet regularly. Including these healthy foods regularly in your diet can makes your complexion glowing as well as over the period of time, requirement of concealer and foundation will reduce in no time.
Nutrients which are essential for healthy skin comprise of Antioxidants, Omega-3 Fatty acids, Vitamin C, Iron and Water. Instead of adding anti-aging creams in your make-up kit why not modify your diet and have naturally glowing skin without any side effects.
Foods which Facilitate Glowing Skin:
- Berries (Strawberries/ blueberries): Antioxidant from berries have its effect on premature aging. To reduce the free radical damage caused by too much exposure to Sun and stress, these antioxidants works as scavengers to reduce its effect.
- Wild Salmon: Wild Salmon which is a good source of Essential Fatty acid, helps in moisturizing your skin and keeping its elastisity. Omega 3 Fatty acids slowdowns wrinkling process and aids in achieving a healthy glow.
- Spinach : Green leafy vegetables especially Spinach is rich in nutrients as well as antioxidants. Spinach has a compound called Lutin which keeps your skin surrounding your eyes healthy and nourished.
- Tomatoes: Lycopene pigment which is an antioxidant present in Tomatoes called as Anti-ageing pigment. It also protects your skin from Sun exposure. But this lycopene is best absorbed when tomato is either cooked or processed. So eat tomatoes for your healthy skin.
- Walnuts and Almonds:People have habit of normally eating dryfruits in a daily basis. Good news for these people is that eating Walnuts and Almonds daily with suggested quantities improves your skin texture and nourishes your skin.
- Dark Chocolates: There is common misconception about dark chocolates that it causes acne. Rather it keeps your skin hydrated and protects from harmful effects of Sun exposure. It improves blood flow to the skin and thus maintains skin texture & Structure.
- Kiwis: Kiwis are good source of antioxidants and Vitamin C. Kiwis help you keeping your skin Firm and tight and even help you preventing wrinkles early.
- Raddish: Radishes have a higher composition of Sulpher and silica which are known as Beauty Minerals. It is also rich in Vitamin C so aids in connective tissue formation and keeps your skin glow.
- Yoghurt: Because of its higher essential minerals and Selenium content yoghurt is helpful in treating dull and dry skin. Proteins are essential for cell repair and thus yoghurt protein repairs damaged skin and increases its glow.
- Water: Always remember whatever you eat always drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated. Because of dehydration your skin looks dull, rough and older so to retain its glow keep yourself hydrated always.
Pooja Kulkarni is a Diet and nutrition expert who enjoys writing about healthy eating, cooking healthy food, weight loss diet tricks and much more. You can read more here www.justforhearts.org
Image from: ad DOTCOM Photos