Microsoft Outlook 2007 email not sending (0x800CCC78 – Verify Email Address)
Here is the instruction on the how to resolve the error message in sending your email but the email remains on the outbox. The scenario is that you can still receive messages.
When you checked the Tools – Send/Receive – Send/Receive Settings – Show Progress.
Then you see the error # 0x800CCC78 – Verify Email Address ….
Here is how you can fix that.
- On your Microsoft Outlook 2007, go to Tools.
- Go to Account Settings then click, a new smaller window pops up.
- You should see the email address that you are using for this Outlook. Double click that.
- Another new window will pop up – The internet E-mail Settings.
- On the bottom right hand corner, there is a button called “More settings”. Click that so the new smaller window pops up.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab at the top of the window.
- Make sure that you check the box that says “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- Then press OK.
That should be fixed.
Try sending now an email and you’ll see it works.